FOR RELEASE: August 21, 2013
InsuranceLibrary.com, a consumer insurance portal that features expert answers to consumer insurance questions, has reached another significant milestone in its rise in becoming one of the web’s premier insurance websites.
InsuranceLibrary.com contributors, which range from local independent agents to individuals from national agencies, have provided over 10,000 answers to questions since the site launched in April 2013. Consumers may search the vast insurance knowledge base or post their own insurance question and receive expert answers at no cost.
One of the key features of the site is its ability to maintain a high level of answer quality – largely due to a policy that only validated, licensed insurance agents are able to answer questions. The insurance agent contributors are also vetted for quality, and the site leverages technology that allows the community to flag any answers that appear incorrect or inappropriate for further review.
This not only ensures that consumers are receiving helpful, expert advice – but it also allows the insurance agent community the ability to connect with consumers in the digital age without having to compete with high-spend advertisers or spammers.
The site lets insurance agents connect with consumers in the digital age without having to compete with high-spend advertisers and spammers.
Since launch, InsuranceLibrary.com has continued to iterate and release new, consumer friendly features every few weeks. Last week, the site launched new state-specific sections that allow consumers to ask questions to local insurance agents or contact them privately for quotes. Many insurance agents have been eagerly awaiting this feature as it allows them to stake their claim in their states as early adopters and really expand their online footprint.
The company, which raised an undisclosed amount of funds in a seed round in January of 2013, has an aggressive development roadmap over the next few quarters. One major planned enhancement provides new features that allow consumers to easily research local agents and local insurance companies in an engaging, non-threatening manner.
Over the past few months, we have been busy updating the infrastructure of InsuranceLibrary.com and building out new website features that add a whole new level of interactivity to InsuranceLibrary.com. Based on overwhelming feedback from both insurance agents and consumers, we have just launched a new set of features to the site that provide a “state-specific” component to the website.
Upon initial launch, InsuranceLibrary.com has facilitated Q&A between both consumers and insurance agents for well over 9,000 different insurance questions. Until now, all of these questions have been relatively broadly based without the ability to tag a question with a specific geography. Going forward, all consumers that ask questions on InsuranceLibrary.com are encouraged to tag their questions with a specific state.
In addition to this, many new features have been developed to elevate the visibility of these local questions and also make it much easier for insurance agents to identify these locally relevant questions and answer them accordingly.
1. State-specific pages have been added to the site that serve as a hub for all questions related to a particular city or state, and to a particular type of insurance within a city or state.
2. State-specific leader boards have been included on every state page that feature the top contributors for each state, and for each type of insurance within each state.
3. New & improved daily email notification emails that include a section for “local questions” – which are questions related specifically to the states you have selected on your ‘manage email preferences’ page.
4. The ability to quickly and easily scan unanswered & answered state-specific questions on the ‘browse questions’ page.
As an insurance agent contributor on InsuranceLibrary.com, these changes provide a huge opportunity for you in terms of your Internet marketing strategies and your overall online visibility. Agents have an unprecedented opportunity to position themselves online as a subject matter expert in their own backyard by:
1. Providing state-specific leader boards for every state and every insurance type. This puts you and your own personal website front and center on highly visible, local pages and increases the number of local leads you receive from the site.
2. Increased local relevancy signals sent to search engines like Google. This helps the search engines better associate you directly with the markets you serve – which ultimately gives you higher search engine visibility for local searches.
3. With InsuranceLibrary.com still being in its infancy, and with the current base still being considered early adopters, this is the ultimate time for agents to capitalize on the opportunity and carve out their very own corner on a record breaking website – in addition to dominating Google, Yahoo and Bing search results for local insurance queries.
We are very excited about these new website features, and we can’t wait to see our insurance agent contributors gain even more visibility with the addition of these local questions. Use the comments below to ask any questions you have about these new updates and how they can help increase your overall online visibility.
Let me guess – you’ve heard a few of these before :) Over the past month, we have been busy chatting with insurance agents and monitoring consumer insurance questions on InsuranceLibrary.com for some of the most frustrating or annoying questions agents are commonly asked.
Based on all the great responses, we have compiled a top ten list featuring the most popular questions. You can click the questions to be taken to the question on InsuranceLibrary.com as well.
3. Where else can I go to find a cheaper plan that is similar to what you have recommended?
Respond below with your favorite one – or share any others that aren’t on the list!
Are you an insurance agent? Start answering consumer insurance questions in the InsuranceLibrary.com knowledge base today - GET STARTED!